Friday, November 20, 2009

A quote for the day...


Recently a friend called in tears.. as I tried to offer comfort and friendship, I was mindful of what a gift true friendship is. ... It is those special souls with whom we can share anything, be ourselves, and support one another.


This quote I have often shared with a close friend. It has been credited to a few different authors, most often Twain or Souza. I find its beauty and importance in the times that we find joy, and too those we find tears. Amidst a recent talk with a friend who was hurting, I find it's wisdom.


"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is ...listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — (Twain & Souza)

4 comments:

  1. You're welcome! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Kringle for this post.i am most moved. most of the time when a friend or a co-journier (this is what i call a counselee whom i am helping as part of my work) calls, it is precisely God's call of the moment. that real moment when your time is tested, when you are called to choose, "my preoccupation? or this pressing need?" it is a time to consider that this one person is, at this moment in time, the single most important person than the rest of the world....

    how blessed your friend is to have your shoulder to cry on and your arms for a hug...

    warm hugs to you, dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. To womanwisdom.. thanks for your kind comments. Yes, I believe God sometimes calls to us... and sometimes whispers (smile).
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete